On boats in Sogn og Fjordane, passengers are considered adults from age 16 until age 67.
Adult passengers pay the regular rate. If you are not eligible for a discounted fare, you must pay the adult ticket price.
On boats, passengers aged 4–15 are considered children.
Children get a discount around 50 percent compared to adult single tickets and season tickets. Children under 4 travel for free.
Senior and concessionary discount
Passengers who qualify for a concessionary rate get a discount of around 50 percent compared to adult single tickets.
Concessionary rates are offered to
- persons over 67 years of age
- persons with a concessionary card from NAV. This applies to persons who receive a disability pension pursuant to the Norwegian National Insurance Act with a disability rate of 50 per cent or more, persons receiving equivalent disability benefits from another EEA country and refugees with disabilities who receive supplementary benefits.
- persons with blindness or deafblindness with additional identification cards
- spouse or partner (registered in accordance with the Norwegian Marriage Act) who travels accompanied by a person with a senior’s discount / concessionary discount ticket.
All passengers travelling on a discounted ticket must be able to present valid documentation of their eligibility for the discount.
If you are over 67 years of age, a photo ID showing your age will be considered valid proof that you are entitled to a discount.
If you are under 67 years of age, the following applies when you are travelling with a concessionary discount ticket:
- Persons who receive a disability pension pursuant to the Norwegian National Insurance Act with a disability rate of 50 per cent or more, and persons with equivalent disability benefits from another EEA country, must present a blue concessionary discount card from NAV and photo ID.
- Refugees with disabilities who receive supplementary benefits must present a blue concessionary discount card from NAV and photo ID.
- Persons with blindness who do not receive a disability pension must present an additional identification card from the Norwegian Association of the Blind and Partially Sighted in addition to photo ID.
- Persons with deafblindess who have a right to free travel for one companion must present an additional identification card (green concessionary discount card) issued by the Norwegian National Advisory Unit on Deafblindness in addition to photo ID.
NAV issues concessionary discount cards to persons who are entitled to it. Persons with deafblindness and persons with blindness receive additional identification cards from the Norwegian Association of the Blind and Partially Sighted and the Norwegian National Advisory Unit on Deafblindness.
If you have questions about conditions and issuance of concessionary discount cards, please contact NAV, the Norwegian Association of the Blind and Partially Sighted or the Norwegian National Advisory Unit on Deafblindness, directly.
From the age of 16 up to and including 20 years, we recommend the 30-day youth ticket.
All zones: NOK 390
The youth ticket allows you to travel as much as you like by bus, Bergen Light Rail, train and on several boat and ferry services for 30 days in the whole of Vestland County.
Student passengers get a discount of around 50 % compared to adult single tickets.
The student discount on boats in Sogn og Fjordane applies to
- pupils in primary and secondary school
- full-time students at a vocational school, technical college, university college or university in Norway or abroad, from age 19 until the end of the month they turn 30
- adult foreign-language speakers under the age of 30 who are receiving instruction in Norwegian and social studies for no less than 10 hours per week over a period of no less than three months, or refugees under the age of 30 who are participating in the introduction programme
- full-time apprentices and trainees, provided the training complies with the provisions of Chapter 4 of the Education Act
All passengers travelling on a discounted ticket must be able to present valid documentation of their eligibility for the discount. Valid proof for students is
- presentation of a valid pupil ID from upper secondary school (with photo)
- presentation of a valid student ID with a valid semester sticker (with photo)
- presentation of a participate certificate with identification, photo, name and date of birth, the name of the course provider, the place of instruction and specification of instruction periods
- presentation of a signed apprenticeship contract from Vigo.no or a physical copy of an apprenticeship contract, along with photo ID (debit card with photo, driving licence or passport)
On boats in Sogn og Fjordane, the military discount is offered to military personnel during initial service, with presentation of a valid ID. Military passengers get a discount of 50 percent on adult single fare tickets. No military discount is given on 30-day season tickets.
All passengers travelling with a discounted ticket must be able to present to ticket inspectors documentation of their eligibility for the discount.
Valid identification for military passengers in Sogn og Fjordane is the Ministry of Defence identity card (FD-ID). For call-up journeys, the call-up order may be used as documentation.
Mini group – boats: When 2–11 passengers buy a group ticket, they get a 25 percent discount on the adult ticket price. Children under age 4 travel for free and are not included as passengers in the group.
Group – boats: When 12 or more passengers travel together, they get an 18 percent discount on adult or child ticket prices. Children under age 4 travel for free and are not included as passengers in the group.
There are special rates for bikes on boats, and you must book in advance. Please contact the operator you will be travelling with.
Dogs/animals can be brought on board local connections at child rate, unless the crew determines the dog/animal is a danger, nuisance or inconvenience for other passengers.
Police dogs accompanied by uniformed police and guide dogs accompanied by their blind handlers are permitted on board.
Dogs must be kept on a lead during transport and positioned in such a way as to not disturb other passengers.
If the animal is aggressive or otherwise disturbs other passengers, the animal may be asked to get off en route.
A person travelling as a companion to a disabled person with a companion certificate, travel for free with Skyss on boats in Sogn og Fjordane. The companion does not need a ticket (applies to both single fare tickets and season tickets).
Trial arrangement with free transport for refugeesRoutes in Florabassenget and Kaupanger kai-Frønningen have the same price as Skyss buses.
If you are travelling by express boat Bergen-Sogn or Bergen Nordfjord, you can find information about discounts and tickets here.