This policy applies to Skyss boat services in Hordaland; Sunnhordland-Austevoll-Bergen and local boat Austevoll.
Note: Kleppestø — Bergen (boat to Askøy) and Knarvik-Frekhaug-Strandkaiterminalen (boat to Nordhordland) are included in the bus/lightrail price and discount policy.
County boat services are divided in different price categories. Fares are calculated on the basis of where the passenger gets on and off. Prices are specified in price tables, as updated. All prices are rounded to the nearest krone (single fare tickets) or 5 kroner (travel passes).
1.1. Travel documents
Provided the passenger has boarded or embarked the vessel before the ticket expires, the passenger is considered to have travelled with a valid ticket. Passengers must be able to present valid travel documents at all times. This means you must have a valid ticket for the time period and distance in question, as well as valid documentation if you are travelling with a discounted ticket (ID, student Id/concession card, etc.). Discounts apply regardless of country of residence and nationality.
Tickets may come in different formats, depending on where it was purchased:
- Skyss Ticket app: The ticket is available in the app.
- Skyss ticket webshop at skyss.no: Choose between Skyss Travel Card or digital ticket sent via e-mail/SMS.
- Ticket machine: Choose between Skyss Travel Card or single-use ticket.
- On board: Passengers are issued a paper ticket.
- Service Centre: Passengers are issued paper tickets for single fares and 24-hour tickets. If you are purchasing a travel pass for a longer time period, you need the Skyss Travel Card.
2.1. Skyss Ticket app
“Skyss Ticket” is a smartphone app for iPhone, Android and Huawei devices, where passengers can purchase all types of tickets, both single fares and travel passes, for all of Hordaland, except journeys that involve a combination of bus/boat. Tickets purchased in the app need not be presented upon boarding, but passengers must be able to present valid travel documents in a ticket inspection.
Methods of payment: debit card, Vipps, travel account
2.1.1. Travel account — for smartphones
The travel account is one method of payment available in the Skyss Ticket app. Deposits made to the travel account must be at least NOK 200, and the maximum balance permitted is NOK 5000. In order to use the travel account as a method of payment, the current balance must be at least equivalent to the purchase amount. Deposits to the travel account may be made in the following ways:
- VISA or Mastercard
- Online bank transfer Send an SMS with the message “KID” to 2412 for more information.
2.2. Online shop
Passengers can buy all types of single fare tickets and travel passes for all of Hordaland in the online shop on skyss.no. If you are purchasing a travel pass, you need the Skyss Travel Card. If you are purchasing a single fare or a 24-hour ticket, you can choose to use a Skyss Travel Card, to print your ticket, or to have your ticket sent to you via text message or e-mail. Tickets purchased in the online shop need not be presented upon boarding, but passengers must be able to present valid travel documents in a ticket inspection.
Methods of payment: Debit card, Vipps
2.2.1. Skyss Travel Card
The Skyss Travel Card is a card that can be used for travel with public transport in Hordaland, and passengers can use it when they purchase travel passes online at skyss.no or from ticket machines. Passengers need not register the Skyss Travel Card upon boarding, but the Travel Card must be presented in a ticket inspection, along with valid documentation if you are travelling with a discounted ticket.
2.3. On board
All types of single fare tickets and travel passes are available for purchase on board, including tickets for a combination of bus/boat travel. If you are purchasing a travel pass, you need the Skyss Travel Card. If you are purchasing a single fare ticket, you can choose to use either a Skyss Travel Card or to be issued a paper ticket. No registration is required for tickets purchased on board, but passengers must be able to present valid travel documents in a ticket inspection.
Methods of payment: Debit card, cash
2.4. Customer Service Centre
You may buy all types of tickets for Hordaland at the Skyss customer service centre at the Bergen bus station. Tickets purchased from the Customer Service Centre need not be presented upon boarding, but passengers must be able to present valid travel documents in a ticket inspection.
Methods of payment: Debit card, cash
3.1. Single fare
Valid transfers are specified on the ticket and vary depending on the journey.
3.1.1. Single fare, boat — one journey
A single fare boat ticket is valid for one journey on a specific distance by boat. Single fare boat tickets are available in the categories adult, child, concessionary student and military.
3.1.2. Round trip, boat
On longer distances, adult passengers get a discount of approx. 50-percent on the return journey if they purchase a round trip boat ticket. Eligible distances are specified in the price table, as updated. The return journey must be made within 15 days. No refunds on unused return tickets.
The round trip ticket cannot be combined with other discounts. Other passenger groups may also purchase a round trip ticket, but no additional discount is given.
3.2. Travel pass
Travel passes are non-personal and may be used by several persons, but they may only be used by one person at a time. The person using the travel pass must be able to present a ticket and documentation of age and other discount requirements.
On journeys outside the specific distance for which a passenger holds a valid travel pass, single fare tickets must be purchased. You pay for the distance you do not already hold a ticket for.
3.2.1. Boat passes: 7, 30 or 180 days
7-, 30- and 180-day boat passes are valid for an unlimited number of boat journeys on a specific distance.
Travel passes are available for adults, children, students and concessionary card holders.
The maximum price for 7-, 30- and 180-day travel passes is specified in the price table, as updated.
3.2.2. Youth travel pass — for passengers aged 16 to 20
You can use a youth ticket from the day you turn 16 until the month you turn 21. Upper secondary school pupils who have not yet turned 16 may also purchase this ticket, but must carry documentation of their status as an upper secondary school pupil.
30-day youth passes are valid on all Skyss buses in Vestland, as well as on the Bergen Lightrail. In addition, the youth pass is valid on the following:
Other bus services:
- Fram bus services in Sogn og Fjordane
- Kolumbus bus services (including night buses) in the Municipalities of Haugesund, Karmøy, Bokn, Tysvær and Vindafjord in Rogaland
- “Trygt heim” bus routes
- Airport express buses in Førge and Sogndal
- Note: Does not include the Airport Express in Bergen
- All boat connections in Vestland, with the following exceptions:
- Osterfjorden boat service
- Geitanger– Knappskog
- Tourist route Hardanger (Norheimsund - Herand - Utne - Kinsarvik - Lofthus - Ulvik - Eidfjord)
- Norled’s express boat connections between Sogn and Bergen, and between between Nordfjord and Bergen. You can book a seat in advance if you are travelling with a youth pass. See norled.no for more information.
- All ferry connections in Vestland. Most ferry connections in Vestland use the AutoPASS regulations, where passengers travel for free. If the ferry is not free, your youth pass will be valid.
Vy and NOR-WAY express buses in Vestland County, with the exception of express bus routes around Bergen:
- Between Bergen bus station and Knarvik
- Between Bergen bus station and Halhjem
- Between Bergen bus station and Trengereid
In order to be guaranteed a seat on an express bus, you need to book in advance. Use the channels provided by Vy or NOR-WAY to do so.
- Departures between Bergen and Myrdal (Vossebanen/Arnalokalen).
- Note: Youth passes are not valid on regional/long-distance trains (trains between Bergen and Oslo) or on Flåmsbana.
The youth pass is not valid on other private bus and boat connections in Vestland.
Don’t forget your receipt:
If you are travelling on an express bus, train or express boat, you must present your receipt and identification.
Passengers pay different rates, depending on which category of passenger they belong to:
Passengers aged 16–67 are considered adults and pay full price for all ticket types.
Passengers aged 4–15 are considered children and pay approx. half price (compared to full price) on single fare tickets and travel passes.
Children under age 4 travel for free. If there is any doubt about the passenger’s age, ticket inspectors may demand that the passenger present identification.
Concessionary rates are offered to:
- persons aged 67 or over
- persons who are blind/deaf-blind
- disabled persons with a degree of disability of 50 percent or more, as defined by the National Insurance Act
- persons of any nationality and country of residence who receive a statutory social security benefit based on no less than 50 percent disability from a national insurance authority in another EEA country, equivalent to Norwegian National Insurance
- disabled refugees with a supplementary benefit
Passengers who qualify for a concessionary rate pay approx. half price on single fare tickets, 24-hour passes and travel passes.
Spouses/registered partners who travel with passengers who qualify for a concessionary discount on a single fare ticket, also pay the concessionary rate.
Passengers travelling with a concessionary ticket must be able to present valid identification to ticket inspectors. In addition, passengers under the age of 67 must also present a concessionary discount certificate from NAV. Blind persons must, in addition to ID, present certification from the Norwegian Association of the Blind and Partially Sighted, and deaf-blind persons must present an additional certificate.
Students under 30 years old qualify for a discount of approx. 40 percent (compared to full price) on single fare tickets and 7-, 30-, and 180-day travel passes. No special students discounts are offered on round-trip journeys.
The student category includes:
- Full-time students or pupils in upper secondary school, vocational school, university, university college or other educational institution accredited by the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund. This discount is also extended to Norwegian students abroad. The programme must be longer than 3 months, and for higher education, the programme must be equivalent to 30 or more credits per semester. For upper secondary school, the workload must be equivalent to a full-time programme.
- Full-time apprentices and trainees, provided the training complies with the provisions of Chapter 4 of the Education Act.
- Adult foreign-language speakers who are learning Norwegian and taking social studies, or refugees in the introduction programme.
When requested by the driver or ticket inspector, the student passenger must be able to present documentation of attending school/getting training that semester. Passengers who are not able to document to ticket inspectors that they qualify for the student discount, will incur a fine. Valid documentation must include name, date of birth and place of study and must specify being valid for the current semester:
- Student ID, electronic student ID confirming your status as a student this semester.
- Documentation from the school confirming enrolment in the current semester, along with another form of valid photographic ID.
- Students enrolled in edcuational institutions abroad must have an ISIC card (ANSA cards are not accepted).
- Foreign students must carry identification and acceptance letters from the school.
Student IDs for the spring semester are valid until the end of August, and student IDs for the autumn semester are valid until the end of January. If you are in your last semester, you will not be eligible to purchase student travel passes after 31 July or 31 December.
For apprentices/trainees, valid forms of identification are:
- Personal ID issued by your training establishment, marked “apprentice” or “trainee”.
- Copy of apprenticeship contract (digital or paper copy)
- Certificate issued by your training establishment, confirming that you are an apprentice/trainee and specifying your training period, as well as your name and date of birth.
Military discounts are available to conscripted personnel (initial service) and eligible persons pay approx. half price (compared to adult price) on single fare tickets.
This discount is valid during the service period specified on the Ministry of Defence identity card (FD-ID). The FD-ID serves as identification. For call-up journeys, the call-up order may be used as documentation.
The military discount is only offered to Norwegian nationals with a connection to the Norwegian Armed Forces.
4.6. Travel companion
Travel companions of disabled persons, who carry a companion card, travel for free with a disabled person who holds single fare ticket or travel pass. A separate ticket for the travel companion is not required.
If several people travel together, or if bus travel is combined with other modes of public transportation, various discounts are available.
5.1. Family discount
On longer journeys, there is a price cap on single fare tickets for children travelling with a paying adult. The maximum price per child is specified in the price table, as updated, and applies to up to four children per adult.
5.2. Group discount
Adult get a 25-percent discount when 10 or more passengers travel together with a single fare ticket. Children, concessionary card holders, students and military do not get an additional discount, but do count as passengers in the group. Children under age 4 travel for free and are not included as passengers in the group.
Group discounts cannot be combined with other discounted tickets.
5.3. Combination journeys
When purchasing a travel pass for combination travel by bus/boat, passengers are eligible for a discount based on travel distance.
This discount is not available in the Skyss Ticket app.
6.1 Hand luggage
Passengers may bring hand luggage for free.
6.2. Pushchairs, wheelchairs and skis
Pushchairs, wheelchairs and skis can be brought on board for free, if space allows.
Animals travel for free.
Bicycles/electric bicycles can be brought on board for free if space allows.
Single-fare tickets and round-trip tickets are non-refundable. 7-, 30- and 180-day boat passes and youth passes are refundable. Contact the Skyss Customer Service Centre for settlement and transfer of the remaining value to your bank account.
The school travel card may only be used for two journeys per school day between home and school, and the card may only be used by the person to whom it is issued. School travel cards for primary and lower secondary school travel are valid from 05:00 to 19:00, whereas upper secondary school travel cards are valid to 23:00. The card is valid for 10 months and cannot be used on Saturdays, Sundays and during school holidays.
Pupils who lose their school travel card must pay for ticket costs until they have received a new card. Schools manage school travel cards, so pupils must contact their school to be issued a new card. The rules for school transport are specified in the school transport regulations. Pupils who use Skyss school travel cards must present valid identification in a ticket inspection.